Happy Earth Day! For once, let's celebrate a smashing Green Day!
Rain, rain, and more pouring. That welcomed our once-in-a-year Earth Day. Wow, hindi ba nananadya o nang-aasar ang panahon? Is this something like a treat to the bad mankind? I know that global warming should
"warm the globe", but since when did it mean the opposite? Everything went topsy-turvy so fast! I am getting confused, but anyway I love the vibe of the rain today. The coldness hugged me like it hadn't seen me for years, although it gave me chills. There are things that remind me of the rain, which technically makes me sad and gloomy.
It reminds me of childhood and high school. Yep, the things in life that I already chewed and swallowed and I know I will never taste again.
I got awake by my brother, murmuring "thank you, thank you" to himself. At first, I was like WHAT THE HELL IS HE UP TO THIS EARLY IN THE MORNING?. And then, when I looked at him, I asked, "
O. Anong meron?". He replied back, "
Yung ngipin ko naging piso!!". And then he showed me the coin! I remember that last night, he chipped one of his milk teeth, and then he said that he will put it under his pillow. That's the usual thing kids do as if the tooth will turn into Santa Claus, Spiderman, or whatever you wished it turned out in the middle of the night!
I halfheartedly believed him and uttered, "
Oh?? Sure ka?? Asan yung ngipin mo?". And then he answered me that the tooth was nowhere under his pillow!! So could it be?? Could it be that the tooth turned into a coin, FOR REAL? I can't imagine that something like that could really happen. I mean, I wasn't a fan of the tooth fairy when I was a kid. Actually, tooth fairies were just introduced to me by some movies. And as lame as it is, I can't believe I am actually close to believing it! Did the tooth fairy
poofed that?
I am also thinking, what if my brother just pulled his tricks just to amaze us or something, but I don't think so. He was frantically serious of it. He even added, "
Alam ko na to dati pa eh!". So, he already knew that the tooth will be a pot of gold in the morning!! Uhum, a coin, I mean.
Still left in shock, I texted some friends if that happened to them when they were just small tooth fairy believers, Koen replied with "
Ginawa ko din yan nung bata ako. Paggising ko may limang piso. Pero halata namang mama ko yung naglagay." Okay, we are parentless here in our house, so definitely it is not my mom nor my dad who did it. Another, kaming tatlong magkakapatid lang ang nakakaalam na nabungi yung smallest brother ko, and none of us knew of that tooth-changing-into-coin thing, except for my smallest brother who says he already predicted it was gonna happen. So besides me and my brother next to me, no one will try to make it.
It remains a mystery, ladies and gents.I looked at it as if it's magic. I don't know if I have to believe it, but I have nothing that proves it was not true! Is my brother really making fun of us??? Grabe, natatawa ako at this moment. Hindi padin ako makapaniwala.
And so, my day happened to go with the flow. It was a cold afternoon, that's why I love today's afternoon. Hindi pa ko naliligo, pero hindi ko ramdam na hindi pa ko naliligo because of the cold breeze. ;)
I came to look outside the window and I saw droplets of rain fall in the ground. I don't know why but I felt something weird. Naisip ko na I am close to leaving and not walking in this wet-because-of-the-rain ground.
When I was still in grade school, whenever classes are cancelled due to the storm, I always go home happy because it was always fun to wrap myself under the sheets and squeeze my body into the blankets while drinking hot chocolate and watching cartoons in the telly.
When I was in high school, magga-gather kami ng mga friends ko at sabay-sabay susugod sa ulan! We are all in our wet uniforms, while playing ball in our UNcovered court. After that, we'll all sit in the bench, watch the fog cover the clouds and the whole sky and just talk of all the nonsense things. Nothing beats that feeling with Cup Noodles in our hands.
In college, what kind of impression will class suspension leave me? Will I just go home, which is not home, and still bring the pressures of college with me to my not-home home? I don't know, but my mom says it's fun! I just have to experience it, before I can tell. Well, I am pretty close to that anyway.
Right now, I am enjoying a glass of halo-halo while watching Full House for the 4th time! I just can't get enough of that Korean drama!
It's pretty ironic, what I'm doing, but this is fun!
TOODLES!
Labels: childhood, magic, memories, rain